Friday, March 04, 2005

The weekend

So my little sister is driving over from Utah to see me this weekend.

I am STOKED.

This will be the first time she meets the ear doctor.

Last night over dinner he confessed a tiny bit of nervousness over meeting her. In an effort to feel more prepared he asked me what she was like.

How do you describe someone that you've known your whole life? Someone's whose faults are endearing to you....so much so that you cease to see them as faults and think of them as critical character traits that make them who they are?

I started out by saying that she is SO much different from me. She is so...good. I don't think I've ever heard her say something mean about someone (except her high school enemy, Andrew). She always sees the best in people. I am prone to being catty and meanspirited at times, but Maggie...never.

The next thing that came to my mind was to say that she thinks I'm funny. Except when I'm poking her with a stick for 2 hours...and even then I have a sneaking suspicion that she thought it was funny (deep down).

Next, I thought she's not good at handling change. She gets flustered when she has to make a choice.

She likes plans. She likes making plans. She likes sticking to plans. She needs plans.

She's a loyal friend.

She's just plain beautiful.

That's why I'm excited to see her this weekend. She's great!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sisters are the best thing in the WORLD :)

I'm sure they will love each other... you love them both, for each of their own individual reasons, and YOU are the reason they're coming together, so your best interests will be in both their hearts... follow? Let us know how it goes!!! :)

the narrator said...

hopefully maggie is kinder about the ear doctor than she has been about some of my friends.

you know i'm kidding maggie ;) sorta

Maggie said...

sometimes you are a dork Loyd, but that just makes me love you more