Monday, March 14, 2005

Pictures from Texas

Saturday it was 90 degrees in Dallas. We took a tour of the 6th floor museum and saw the window from which JFK was shot. I thought it was a little morbid that they painted a big white X on the ground at the approximate location of the car at the time of the shooting.




We walked around the West End of town and decided we didn't like it that much because it felt "manufactured" and "touristy." We all prefer having real city experiences.




Sunday morning we spent walking around the arts district. This was much more enjoyable. As we were going back to our car people were starting to line up for the St. Patrick's day parade. I felt a real closeness to all the red headed people. There was one red headed little girl that was so cute I found myself staring at her. In my distracted state I walked into a low marble slab and now have a nice little purple bruise developing.




Downtown Dallas. I thought it was so beautiful to take a picture of the reflection of buildings off a total glass sky scraper. The twirly ice cream cone building is a tribute to gratitude. I thought that idea was particularly appealing.




You're supposed to walk through this big gold ring and think of all the things you're grateful for and all the other people who are less fortunate than you. I guess is is supposed to make you realize your responsibility to help others for the advancement of the common good. Derek stood in it, with arms outstretched, and pretended he was Da Vinci's famous Anatomy piece.

1 comment:

poodle said...

fortunately, unlike da vinci's anatomy piece, derek was fully clothed.