Friday, October 19, 2007

The best day

Tomorrow the ear doctor and I are doing one of our very favorite things to do in the whole world.

We're going to the zoo.


Usually we go every summer and spend the whole day there, seeing the Zebras and Penguins (my favorite) and the Polar Bears (his favorite). We walk and walk and walk until we're so tired we can't walk anymore. We have ice cream and an overpriced lunch, and usually get a waterbottle in the shape of an animal filled with strange red juice pretended to be made from fruit. I love it so much, but it's usually really hot dusty and crowded.


This year, I wised up, used that lump on top of my neck and decided that we'd go in October when the crowds were probably less dense and the weather was perfect.


Well, tomorrow is the day. It's going to be 70 degrees and sunny all day.


Plus, I was talking to a little girl I go to church with and she informed me that Zebras were her favorite too, and she just went to the zoo last week and they had a BABY ZEBRA there!


Woo-hoo!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Baby Zebras! How cute! Have fun! This weekend is gonna be great!

Anonymous said...

have fun!! i love the zoo but i haven't been in forever.

Anonymous said...

It appears you have a thing for monochromatic animals.

~Jef

Unknown said...

I'll wave hi... I can almost see the zoo from my apartment!

Kim Dubois said...

It's true! I just went to the Denver Zoo last week. They also have a cute baby giraffe, but the hippos were my very favorite.

Jessica said...

I love going to the zoo! I'm a zoo member here, so I can go for free whenever I want. We went during our anniversary vacation at the beginning of the month and had a blast. I can't wait to go back soon now that the weather is cooling off here. My favorite is the hippo!

Author said...

i love the giraffes... the eyelashes, the neck, the lovely print on their coats... my very first job ever was working at the zoo....