Monday, October 29, 2007

Dear NBC Execs,

I have been a fan of your empire for a long time. Over the years offering us such beauties as Seinfeld and Friends has cemented my love for life...or so I thought. More recently, you've won my heart with the back-to-back 30 Rock/Office programming. Solid Gold.

However, I must protest at your recent shenanigans. Here are two words for you.

Bee Movie.

I cannot STAND the way you are publicising this movie. Really, really, really hate it. Between the NBeeC TVjuniors and that dumb HP add with my guy Jerry I can't seem to escape the madness. Now, I love Jerry, so I don't blame him for this tactic. Surely this is exactly the type of thing my four friends would sit around a diner table discussing how inane this marketing is.

Had you advertised this movie the normal way (movie trailers, the OCCASIONAL TV spot), the ear doctor and I would have probably gone to see it. These ads everywhere are so annoying that I'm mounting a boycott of the movie. I will not see it and I will not urge anyone else to see it.

I'm bringing down your empire, NBC! (Wuahahahahaha)


Take THAT.

6 comments:

Far From Perfect said...

thank you... now that you bring it to my attention, your so right on. What's up with this?

Anonymous said...

here here. i am so, so sick of those tv juniors at every.single.commercial.break. it makes me less excited about watching the office. i'm not going to see that movie now either.

Maggie said...

I just hate that they're so lame. If they're anything like the movie, which is the only reason I can think of to keep running them, we wont miss much when we miss the movie.

Courtney said...

this is exactly why I don't watch TV.

chloe said...

The good news...I'm so busy that I have to record the shows and watch them later, meaning I don't have to watch the ads.

The bad news...even without watching the ads, I am boycotting the movie because I know that the ads exist (even though my fastforward is very fast) and I agree with you 100%.

Eddie said...

I saw one where Jerry Seinfeld and Matthew Broderick were reading a "practice script" of the movie laden with sexual innuendo. All I can say is, it left me puzzled. This is a family movie, is it not?

We decided then and there we wouldn't watch it.