Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How To

Since I was out of new books, and the ear doctor had it laying around, I decided I'd start reading the classic book "How to win friends and influence people." I didn't really feel like I needed to "win" more friends or learn how to influence people, but I've heard a lot about the book. It seemed like a good idea to read something that gets that much hype.




Guess what? I really like the book. I was almost expecting this book to be Machiavellian in it's teachings and techniques. I was worried that it would teach people to be false and manipulative. Well, it doesn't. It promotes sincerity above everything else. And, again, I like it a lot.



It has been a great reminder to me of how to be kind and more interested in other people than I am in myself. It has reminded me to SMILE more, and in smiling I find myself happier. It just helps me remember everything that I know I should be doing and don't do nearly often enough.



No wonder this book has been around since the early 1900s.

1 comment:

Diana Beck McCarty said...

I love that book! Aside from the actual content, I really enjoyed the early 1900 vernacular. I wish we spoke like that today.