Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Our night

I never think it's that big of a deal when we don't make time for it. However, when we do, I realize how important and special it is.

Monday nights the ear doctor and I take time to be together. We share our personal thoughts on things a bit deeper than which show we like better this season: The Office or 30 Rock.

Last night we took a walk around the ritzy neighborhood that our apartment complex backs up to. We spent 2 hours walking around talking about our future, our dreams of our ideal home, how we appreciate each other and what kind of dog we want to get.

Just as we turned to go home we looked out at the mountains. It was just starting to get dark and the mountains had changed from their rugged three dimensional shapes to flat, 2-D cutouts in varying shades of lavender. The intense green of the golf course and the pungent smell of crisp, drying leaves completed one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen. I asked him if he'd ever seen something so beautiful. He took two steps away, looked back at me and the beautiful vista and, looking me full in the eyes, said, "Never."

Hmmmm, how I love this man.

I told him that he had to remember that moment forever so that when we are 70 and still together we'd always be able to look back and picture that day. It was a day I loved him with more of myself than I ever thought I'd be able to give. It was our day.

4 comments:

TRS said...

Aww. What a sweetheart.

Katharina said...

Beautiful...I wish every family night could be like that. Thanks for sharing your moment.

amber {daisy chain} said...

lovely! like a love story all it's own...

Anonymous said...

The green of the golf coarse must have been absolutly spectacular against your magnificent red hair.