1. Vegetables. I eat WAY more of them now that I'm married. Before I was married I think I'd made myself a salad about 4 times in my life. Now, we have a side salad with dinner every single night.
2. TV. Just take a look at what is sitting in my DVR right now:
Before getting married there is no way on earth that something called "Bigfootville" would have been recorded.
3. Garabage. My garabage can has somehow turned into a never-ending bottomless hole. I mean, I just keep tossing stuff in and the bag magically gets emptied and taken down the the curb for pick-up. It's really amazing.
4. Knowing my weight. Growing up we never had a scale in our house. I guess my mom just never saw the need. The ear doctor had a scale, and brought it to our relationship so now I periodically check myself. I half hate half love this.
5. Propane. I never knew the price of a tank of propane and now I do. Owing to the ear doctor's love of grilling out, we burn through this stuff on a pretty regular basis.
6. Costco. I went there every now and then when I needed to get supplies for a party or develop film. Now we go twice a month (at least). Turns out the ear doctor just likes to wander through the warehouse and get a polish sausage on the way out.
7. Budgeting. Wow, this is really a whole new world for me. Before I tied the knot I had a budget, but it was very inaccurate and easy to break. Now it is regimented, fixed and forward looking.
8. Confidence. Knowing someone loves you and is always there for you inspires a wicked strong personal confidence. It's not like I wasn't a confident person before I was married, but now it's different. Deeper. Richer. Realer (or more real?).