Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finds

Ever since I was little I've loved garage sales. I clearly remember some of my favorite buys: a plastic silver star shaped pin with a shiny plastic faceted "jewel", an old box of beads and twisted wire charms. This love of making another's trash my personal treasure has endured. Which is why I love craigslist with all mi corazon.



If I had the time, I'd save these beauties:










I'd paint them some happy color...white or yellow and cover the cushion in a nice bright print. That little table would come inside and make a great plant stand.





This guy is pretty great as is, although I might think about painting him a dull red color to add a pop of color in my front room. Simple, clean, sturdy.







Beautiful wingback chair with caning. I'd paint the wood and caning white and recover the cushion with some rad print like this makeover.



I saved the best for last. This sofa is $190 and could be STUNNING if reworked. Although, with all those curves I'm pretty sure the reupholstering of this piece is a little out of my skill set. Also, I'm pretty sure ear doctor would find the shape way too feminine. But I still love her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan was raised with a sofa with those lines - and it was rose velvet. Didn't seem to affect his masculinity. Men can adapt & survive a few curves.

TLA said...

Those are my favorite porch chairs *ever*!! Do you know what they are called? (I mean the style)

I saw some the other day at the garden shop on consignment. Its a pity I have to share a porch with a bad, dirty neighbor. For thar reason, they didnt go home with me. Hed put his dirty ashes all over them and that would make me sad.

TRS said...

Katie... go for that sofa! At that price it may be worth it to hire an upholsterer.

and, with the right funky fabric or even a nice rich brown I wouldn't think it's too feminine at all.
I'm sure ED trusts your judgement for style - send him the picture for his reaction before you rule it out.

Anth said...

I love that sofa. It has great lines.