Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Good Eats

My family has always teased me about my strange connection to food. They'd always complain that if I ran out of things to talk about it would always circle back to what I ate that day. My mom said as a little girl I'd come home and the only thing I'd remember about my day at school was lunch.

I always felt like I was getting a bum rap for all of this. Sure, I like food, but just as much as the next person.

A couple of months ago I was going through some memory books that my grandma helped me make. I was shocked as I flipped through page after page of a 7 year old's account of the daily menu! It read something like this:

Today we went to golfing camp at the BYU. It was fun. We had hot dogs and popsicles [sic] for lunch.

and the next day

Today at golf camp we learned good stuff. We had burgers and milkshakes. I had strawberry and Maggie had vanilla.


Oh, how I wish I was joking.

Well, since I clearly will never be able to leave this trend behind I just thought I'd fill you in on the awesome week of food we're having at Casa del Ear Doctoro.

Monday: The ear doctor "grilled out" and made us awesome rib-eye steaks. I made sweet potatoes fries. Yummm

Tuesday: The ear doctor again whipped out his grillin skills and made us some crispy-skinned brick chicken, and I steamed us up a couple of artichokes and lemon butter.

Tonight: I'm making breaded, pounded chicken and the ear doctor is whipping up a batch of his secret recipe Guacamole. (he learned how to make it in Mexico and it is so, so, so, so good. Sometimes I dream about it.) And, for a special touch, he's stopping on his way home from work to get some fresh handmade corn tortillas to go with. *Swoon*

I'm pretty sure 7 year old Katie would approve of this weekly report.

No comments: