Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sweet Dreams

Last night the ear doctor was tucking me into bed. He lovingly pulled the covers up to my chin and made sure I was nice and warm. He laid down beside me, put his loving arm under my weary, little head and started telling me a bedtime story.

Not about a princess or a fairy. Not about a red balloon or a pot of gold.

Instead,

my darling ear doctor told me the fascinating tale of the human circadian rhythm from a neuroscience point of view.

Restful, huh?

2 comments:

Calie Durant said...

That's funny. My boyfriend is a software engineer and has put me to sleep many times with tales of c++ code and the laws of physics.

Author said...

I love how every great couple has their own "sweet nothings" language. I laughed imagining this scenario--so funny and sweet.