Friday, November 02, 2007

Oh, wow

This is a perfect room for me.


I know that a lot of people might think this room is a bit....sedate, but I love it. The contrast between the dark blue wall and the white...wainscoting (is that what it is?) is beautiful. The loopy pattern in the rug loosens up all the very square lines in the wall, couch and picture frames. And that lamp....be still my heart, I think it is so pretty. I also like the way the two chairs are pointed to each other with an automan in the middle. I could see ear doctor and I sitting there talking for hours....


I love how edited and exact it looks.

Although, instead of birds everywhere I'd rather have foxes or something. I'm getting a little bored of birds.

I'm pretty sure this is from CB2 and the whole picture is just mean to sell that bird pillow on the chair.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, drool. This room is so pretty! So clean and sharp looking but still inviting. Alas, my house will never be this hip.

Anonymous said...

It is very nice. I don't find it sedate.

Yes, that is wainscoting... but the other thing is called an ottoman... for future reference.

You have good taste!! I likey the lamp too. I'm coveting one at Room & Board, that is similar but just a bit sexier.