Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I was secretly hoping someone would ask me to do this...

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
1,003. Because I can't download anything off the internet, these are only from loading my CD collection onto my work computer.

2. The last CD you bought was:
"Careless Love" by Madeline Peryoux. If you like old school jazz, you'll love her. She reminds me of Ella Fitzgerald. Amazing.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
"The World at Large" by Modest Mouse. I'm not really into the band, but a cool co-worker said he liked the song, so I gave it a whirl.

4. Write down 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
"Pennies from Heaven" by Billie Holiday. This song reminds me to have a positive outlook. When something bad happens, there is probably something good that goes along with it. There's always a silver lining. (Wow, that just made me sound like the biggest Polyanna ever)

"Don't let me by lonely tonight" by James Taylor. This song is depressing, and a little unhealthy, but everyone gets down at times. When I was my loneliest and saddest, this song helped me wallow in my broken heart. It helped me because it expressed exactly how I felt. It was cathartic.

"That's what friends are for" by Dionne Warwick. I know, I know, you are all thinking I am a loser right now. When I moved from Seattle to Spokane the summer between 7th and 8th grade I was so upset that I had lost all of my friends. This song came on the radio and I just SOBBED. Since then it has become my secret theme song. Having strong and real friendships in my life is VITAL and I always strive to be a great friend.

"64" by the Beatles. This is my family song. Whenever we'd drive somewhere we'd always end up singing it together in the car. It reminds me of my dad...The best man alive.

"Get it on tonight" by Montell Jordan. I love to dance and this one has the best beat. It makes me want to shake my skinny, flat, white booty like the inner ghetto superstar that I am.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?

I want Anth to do this because she is a blogging slacker, with great taste in music. Plus, I want to know what that Robbie Williams song was called that we used to dance around the house to.

I also want The Magster to take it because I'm putting together the music for her wedding reception and I want to make sure I get her favorites on there.

Lastly, I want Britt to do this because she's a great blogger and I really don't know anything about her taste in music.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Funny, I was loading songs into iTunes today off of some CDs. I got a message, "Disk Full". Surely that couldn't be my hard drive?!

It was. Oops. So I deleted some stuff--mainly useless work-related stuff. It's all archived on CD... somewhere around here.

So I archive the work onto CD, and copy the music from CD onto the hard drive. That makes sense, oddly enough.