Friday, March 27, 2009

Reality Check

Wednesday night the ear doctor and I met a dear friend in Denver for dinner. We went to one of my favorite restaurants (Nine75) because I felt like I need to indulge in my guiltiest food pleasure.

Mac & Cheese.

Honestly, if I didn't think my weight would balloon up to a million pounds I think I might eat Mac & Cheese everyday. I love it so much that I find it impossible to not use capital letters when writing it out. mac and cheese....not nearly dignified as this delicious delicacy requires.

When my casserole dish filled with baked, spicy Mac & Cheese arrived I took one bite and I was in heaven. But upon taking the second bite I thought to myself, "well, this is good, but it sure could use a little salt"

Looking around on our table I realized there was no salt. Thinking that, perhaps we were just seated at the single, forgotten, salt-free table I scanned the dining room to locate my seasoning of choice.

It was nowhere to be found.


Honestly, I think not providing salt and pepper table side is about the most cocky thing a restaurant can do. Do they really think that every single night, ever single chef on the line is seasoning things perfectly? I can guarantee that,unless you are a 5 star restaurant, they are not.


So freakin get yourself a slice of humble pie and put a shaker or two on the table!

3 comments:

Janssen said...

Oh my heavens, no kidding! Almost everything needs salt. And usually pepper.

Melinda said...

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!! You are hilarious!

Becca said...

Amen sister, amen!