Monday, September 29, 2008

Do yourself a favor

Saturday was the ear doctor's day of treating his wife really well. First, instead of getting a flat of nectarines he convinced me to get this AWESOME cookbook.


Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. Seriously, so good.

Secondly, he graciously suggested that we go to a chick flick in the afternoon. The movie Nights in Rodanthe was billed as "the 2008 version of the Notebook". I loved the Notebook a disgraceful amount, so this should have been a shoe-in right? Wrong. It was HORRIBLE. The ear doctor and I are starting an anit-Rodanthe marketing campaign.



Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this movie.

Last but not least, he took me on a fancy date to a Cuban restaurant and to see Jon Reep at Comedy works. I ended up sitting next to a man who was too large to sit only on his own seat, so he decided to take up half of mine. He then proceeded to fold his arms, refuse to buy the 2 drink minimum and not laugh for two hours straight.

So, I say to him: Dude, do yourself a favor and go get a personality.

7 comments:

Chessie said...

I'm bummed to hear the movie sucked, I really liked the book. Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

RODANTHE SUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

-Ear Doctor

{Erica} said...

must get that book but I can't believe you even spent $$ on that movie...yuck! :)

B Dawg and J $ said...

Don't tell your Aunt Sue...she loved it!

Robyn said...

I'm glad I found your blog!! I want to hear what's good from that book... I love the show (I got the pastry brush they recommended and it's AWESOME!!) btw, I also use a pastry cutter to mash potatoes!!

Kylene said...

Sounded like a fun night all in all! ;) Love your blog, Katie!

Texasholly said...

Why oh why did I not read this before going to the movies last Friday? At least we got a good laugh.