Friday, September 19, 2008

Prepare to be impressed

I came into work this morning thinking it would be just another average Friday. Boy, oh boy, was I wrong.

At about 10 am my friend Derrick (aka Pan Song) sent out an innocent meeting notice. The title of the meeting? "TIME TO RIDE." This piqued my curiosity. I opened the meeting notice and was delighted to see this totally dorky picture:


How deliciously nerdy is mountain unicycle riding?!?!? Seriously, can you think of something more stereotypically dorky? I didn't think so.

About an hour later this is what my eyes spied in the parking lot:





Sweet glory! Does it get better! A bunch of engineers all gathered around watching each other nearly crack their heads open during work hours! On a UNICYCLE. A method of travel usually reserved for trained chimps in a circus!



Add a free, giveaway T-shirt advertising our modeling software and you've really got a doozy of a combination.

Then I realized what a spectacular background this big red wall was!



Anyone else involved in anything quite as spectacular at work today?

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Fun - the question is did you try & ride the unicycle?! My b-friend in college had one and it usually only came out after a big party which made riding it even more precarious!

sam said...

That is hilarious! I wish I could have been there to watch them do that. Oh, how I miss that red wall by the parking lot where techs would play hackey-sack.

Anonymous said...

How awesome!

Unknown said...

Awesome. Did you know my mom dated a guy in college that rode a unicylce around?

Derrick said...

Woah! That's so totally cool! I wish I could be that cool. Oh wait! I AM that cool!