Thursday, September 11, 2008

In rememberence

It seems fitting that today is gray, drizzly and cold outside. That type of weather sends me into a deep tailspin of either introspection or recollection. Today it's the latter.

Today I'm remembering the devastation of 7 years ago. The lives that were lost. The countrywide anguish. The power and ability of tragedy to unify a people. Which is especially important right now as the political arena seems to be creating an ever widening gulf between people.


It reminds me to be a little kinder. Slower to anger. More patient and open minded with everyone around me. The time we have is precious, not a second of which should be wasted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "ever widening gulf between people" that you mention is seriously starting to bother me too. I admit to likely being part of the problem, rather than the solution - that'll happen when you're very politically active and decidedly NOT a swing voter (heh). But I'm trying really really hard now to remember that we are not all so different. Most of the things we want are very similar, we just think the best way to get there is different. I'm doing my best. It's hard. But I'm trying.