Friday, April 01, 2005

Too Cliche?

In past relationships I've always had certain songs that remind me of my significant other.

"Near You Always" by Jewel and "Volare" by the Gypsy Kings will always conjure up happy memories of Derek and his ghetto little blue house in Provo.

"The Way you Move" by Outkast and "I love you" by Nat Cole make me think of falling in love with Eric in Mexico.

I've always had these songs that make me think of them, but I've never actually had a song that was "our song."

It always seems so cheesy and lame to have some ultra-romantic song that embodies your relationship.

Well, the ear doctor and I have officially decided to have a song, and I'm thrilled about it. It's a new song, so neither of us has any other memories attached to it. Also, it seems to be written exactly for us.

The song is...


wait for it...


Better Together by Jack Johnson.

It's the first track on his new In Between Dreams CD.

Anyway, my question is this:
Have you ever had an official "song" with a significant other? What was it? How did you decide it?

10 comments:

The Unprocessed Project said...

Hi Katie. I found your blog thru a chain of others. We have the same name, so you have to be cool! I have been curious about Jack Johnson's new cd. Do you like it? I think it's cute that you have a song with your S.O. I have to say that the last time I had a song with someone was probably middle school, but I still think it's cute.

Katie said...

I L-O-V-E the new Jack CD. It's been on repeat the past 3 days.

The Unprocessed Project said...

I think I'm going to purchase it today before I leave town on a road trip. Driving music is key. Thanks for the recommendation!

Heather said...

I love the new spring look! The Luckiest by Ben Folds was(is?) mine and Bean's song. It pretty much summarizes how the two of us felt about meeting each other, and being with each other. So, I am the least girly/romantic girl I know. If I can have a song with a significant other, anyone can. Plus I like being able to think about the good times that went along with it when I hear it.

Unknown said...

I was cracking up at the severe differences in the 2 songs reminding you of the Eric in Mexico!

I haven't heard that song, but will now look it up on iTunes and check it out. My husband & I actually don't have a "song." However, the Big Timers "Oh Yeah" always reminds me of when we started dating, although he gets mad at me when I call that "our song."

I LOVE your new site design... it's so happy and YOU!

Unknown said...

PS. Commenting today only took 2 seconds! Not bad... blogger is on the road to recovery.

Internet Street Philosopher said...

I dont have a significant other, but someday when I get one, I will pick out a song.

poodle said...

i like the pink petals... beautiful!

poodle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Architect said...

Marc and I actually don't have a song. And I don't know if I have had one with any of my old boyfriends. I mean songs remind me of them, but they weren't OUR song.

Yeah, blogger is doing SO much better today! Hallelujah!