Monday, February 27, 2006

That Hansel, he's so hot right now

Today I saw a 65 year old man struggling to climb up a slight incline on a Razor Scooter.

I wanted to tell him that it would be a lot easier if he were just walking because every time he lifted his kicking leg off the ground he would slow down, and actually slide backward a little bit. But I didn't.

Plus, he is 65 and should probably give up the Razor Scooter since not even 10 year olds think they are cool anymore.

Then I thought about a friend from college who loved his Razor Scooter and realize that I was actually seeing a version of him 40 years down the road and it made me smile.

4 comments:

shafnitz said...

I'm so glad you used that quote from Zoolander. Totally cracked me up.

Mrs. Architect said...

Aww, that is SO cute!!

Heather said...

That reminds me of the time I was at school and saw a little old man on a pink scooter with a tennis racket in the basket headed to our highschool tennis courts.

megan said...

we moved to a new office, and the engineers sit so far away from the bathrooms that they bought an electric scooter to ride down the hall to get to the rr faster...

that was -- until one of them crashed into a wall.

the wall right in front of our cfo's desk.

reeeeennnnnrrrrr-BANG. thump.

the scooter was banned 3 days after they brought it in, but i've never laughed harder in my worklife than i did when he crashed!

(he was ok, btw)