Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My review

Last night the ear doctor and I went to see the new Elizabeth movie.

First off, I liked the movie. It was pretty good...but we both agreed that it wasn't something we'd buy and watch again. It was interesting to learn a bit more about Euro history and attempt (again) to remember who was related to who back then. During my trip to London a few years back I had it all worked out, but that dusty corner of my mind hasn't been used since.

Second, the costumes. Beautiful! Sunning. I actually wanted some of the fabric used in her dresses just because it was so luxe and gorgeous.

Third, is Cate Blanchet(t) ever a white skinned person! After the movie the ear doctor commented to me, "well, now we know there is at least one person who is even whiter than you, babe." Thanks sweets, I think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always so intrigued by the costumes in period movies like "Elizabeth" and "Marie Antoinette." Did you see that? "Marie Antoinette," I mean? I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but the costumes were fantastic. The man sitting behind us actually fell asleep during the movie. Awesome.