Thursday, April 10, 2008

Getting me through

There are a few things that I keep at my work desk that I absolutely love. I don't think I could make it through my day without these little tokens.





First, my peep pen. Go ahead, tease me all you want, but I lurve the puffiness of peeps. I got this pen in an Easter basket of yore and just love to use it when I'm in a serious corporate meeting.



Second, my homie. This little gal was given to me by a machinist. It's a prized possession because sometimes there is a big barrier between the engineers and the people who have to decipher my work and actually make it happen. Him giving me this little gal really symbolized our friendship. Plus, my abs are totally flat and I wear belly shirts all the time......right.....



Third, my coin. For a company anniversary they make us these coins. When I got it I was kind of confused why a company would spend the time and money to get these things made. I shook my head and felt like I was in a dilbert cartoon.



Fourth, my ear buds. I spent a lot of time at my computer listening to music. When I first got the standard issue ear buds I tried to wear them and after about 30 minutes the insides of my poor little ear canals hurt so bad I wanted to curl up in a little ball and cry. The ear doctor got me these fancy gray spongey adapters and now listening has been a pure joy.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love watching my husband use my flower pen to write a note while on the phone with work buddies. Very manly. lol

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the Peeps pen!

Anonymous said...

I keep a springy head pen, a Battlestar Galactica replica ship, and rubber bands in the shape of animals on my desk at all times. They make me happy. I am coveting the peeps pen, now.

Anth said...

Where did the ear doctor get the adapter thingies? My ears always hurt when I use my earbuds!!!

Unknown said...

Again, greetings from the midwest. I am currently in Melbourne, Australia on a business trip. I now have a blogspot thanks to Jenn. When I re figure out how to add people to my "friends" section, I'll hook your page up. For now the URL (the URL is a long story) is: thisisthelasturlleftintheworld.blogspot.com. Drop me a line.