Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I admit it

I've got one of those horrible little colds that kind of lingers with you and doesn't really make you feel bad enough to warrant calling in sick to work. The kind where you wake up in the morning and wonder who replaced your brain with a 20 lb bowling ball. The kind where you drag your sorry body to the shower in the hopes that the steam will loosen up the nasty ball of mucus that's lodged itself behind your nose, pressing with ruthless accuracy on both the head-ache inducing button and the ear clogging trigger. (eustation tubes...thanks ear doctor!)


So here I am at work and this little cold has taught me something about myself. Something my mother would be horrified to learn.

Turns out that I only cover my mouth when I cough if someone else is looking. If not, I just let those little germies fly. Gross, right?

Totally gross.


Lesson to co-workers: Bring Purell to work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, I only cover my mouth when I cough if others are around too! I guess I'm gross too... Oh well, doesn't bother me!
Get better soon. I hate colds that seem to last for a millennium.

Robyn said...

noted.

TRS said...

Eh. I say better the germs dissapate in the air than accumulate on your hands where you can spread 'em around.

Otherwise, every time you sneeze you have to go wash your hands? Not so much.

your secret is safe with me.