Tuesday, September 01, 2009

walk the line

I maintain there are two types of people in this world. Those who follow rules and those who don't. I land squarely in the first camp. And I'm pretty sure I know why.

When I was in 3rd grade I had the bejeezus scared out of me.


Picture this: My cousin who was in first grade and I were waiting outside the front of our elementary school waiting for one of our parents to pick us up. Soon, we got bored. We had to come up with a way to entertain ourselves, right? Well, soon we found ourselves screaming, chasing each other and SPITTING AT EACH OTHER.

Well, the principal saw us and dragged us into her office. There is nothing so scary to the pure unafraid heart of a little third grader than the face of an angry principal. I've been scarred for life and have never since felt the desire to break school or work rules.



...oh, except that time in high school I sneaked out of a hotel in Portland in the middle of the night with my friends while away on a school sponsored trip....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im glad I could help Kate