Friday, November 06, 2009

recreational hazard

This morning my forearms are so sore I can barley type. My hands ache and are so weak that double clicking is a challenge. And all because of the frenzied house work I did last night. I performed a killer-shoulder combo that should not, under any circumstance, be duplicated by anyone.


DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

In the span of an hour and a half I:


planted 200 flower bulbs in the hopes that this spring I will have some cherry yellow blossoms to great me when I enter the house.

I also:


stood on a home depot bucket and taped/painted the ceiling of my living/dining room. The previous owners had chosen a high gloss dingy white color and that just wasn't going to work for us. Now it is a crisp, clean fresh flat white. When I stand in the room I feel just a million times better.




The same can not be said for my shoulder.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ceiling painting sucks way worse than regular painting. I've done several smaller rooms, but I haven't tackled one as big as a dining room yet. I'm trying to psych myself up to paint the ceiling in the little toilet area in my master bath... Not looking forward to it, but if you can do a whole dining room then I feel like such a wuss for not wanting to do a 6 sq ft ceiling.

megs and josh said...

busy busy busy! i bet your tulips are going to be wonderful they are always such a pick me up in spring well worth the work. you should post before and after's to all the work you're doing to your house. i would love to see (:

Gin said...

A couple of years ago, I was helping out my aunt by sanding down some walls in her living room before we repainted. The ceiling was high, so the walls were tall, and ladders were in short supply. I accomplished my task by holding the sander over my head and leaning into it so I could apply the appropriate pressure to the walls. I did this for about 4 hours.

That night, I turned over in my sleep, and the pain from my back, neck, and shoulders was so intense that for about 30 seconds I thought I was dying, until I remembered what I’d done earlier in the day.

So I feel your pain, yo.

Melinda said...

You are a rockstar! I hope your arms get better quick!!! Love the detail in the pictures- "HD" on the bucket and the wobbly smile. :) LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just what color is cherry yellow????
Mom (snicker)

Unknown said...

I'm sure it looks great! I'm excited to come see your place someday...