Thursday, January 28, 2010

Liquid or Powder detergent?

Usually I'm much better at getting the laundry done. There are only the two of us and we really don't stack up the dirty clothes that fast, so if I just toss a load in every other morning it's typically a pretty simple thing to conquer.

But twice in the last month I've opened my underwear drawer at 6 in the morning and found not a single clean item to wear under my clothes.

My solution both times this has happened is pretty simple. I get the laundry going and curl back up in bed to wait out the dryer. Which is what I was doing this morning when I woke the ear doctor up on accident. Typically we are pretty isolated sleepers, but this morning we cuddled up together and fell back to sleep in a pile. Just as I was drifting off I thought to myself, "enjoy this Katie...when you have kids these moments will be few and far between"


That was the first time in my life the vision of me being a mother, of us being parents, has really, clearly come to me.


And it was really nice.



But if I'm ever going to be a good mom I'm going to have to get better at the laundry...

4 comments:

Maggie said...

hahahaha! I can't count the times Dan has had to wear long underwear in the morning because I forgot to get to it. Or Charlotte has gone to bed wearing a "nightgown" which is one of my T-shirts because all her pajamas are dirty.

Stephanie said...

I miss the days of only a small amount of laundry to do. I am convinced that each child at least doubles the amount of laundry previously done in the house.

MSmith said...

or buy more underwear...

dad said...

MSmith is a genious. I have enough for an entire week.

Mom Katie sounds good to me.