Thursday, October 07, 2010

Another reason to love Roscoe

I recently heard or read somewhere that infants really like to have white noise around them. Apparently they really like the sound of hair dryers? Can anyone confirm that for me?

I don't know if that's true about human babies, but my little canine guy loves it, and it's one of my favorite things about having him. Every morning while I'm drying my hair this cute little guy wanders into the bathroom and curls up on top of my (usually bare) feet.

He almost always points his face away from me and watches out the door behind me. Part of me wonders if he thinks he's protecting me from intruders?

(please forgive the gross tile in our bathroom...that's the next major room up for renovation but it probably won't happen until next year)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Both of my kids have slept with fans in their rooms since they were born. It helps with air circulation, and gives enough white noise so they can't hear us watching an action movie in our front room (we live in a small space). Now none of us can sleep without white noise... not a good thing.
Your dog is dang cute. I'd like to get one. My family has a boxer that was rescued and she is a perfect family dog. Is Roscoe a boxer?

Katie said...

Yep, he's a boxer through and through...he's actaully really small and slim for his breed.

He was the runt of the litter and after 2.5 years still hasn't grown out of it. I hope he never does!

heather said...

random question from me: where is your sweater from? super cute!! love the colors!

Unknown said...

I can definitely confirm the white noise thing. Finn needed to be swaddled, rocked, and have the stove fan on to help him fall asleep.

Kinda weird that Roscoe likes white noise...that's cute that he watches out for you. Gotta love dogs!

dad said...

I love white noise, i.e. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. The Beattles, Bon Jovie and of coarse, anyone speaking in Church.