Thursday, April 10, 2014

rainbow

The ear doctor got to go to Boston for a conference. I was a bit nervous about working and getting Sam up to daycare everyday. I'm sure I could have handled it on my own...but it was a bit of a daunting task. Usually the ear doctor takes drop him off on his way to work...in the exact opposite direction of my commute.

Anyway, I asked my mom to come for a visit to watch the baby.


It was glorious.

Every day she took him on two meandering walks. They watched the gardener aerate the neighbor's lawn. They learned where the most friendly dogs live. But the coolest thing is that she taught him is first color.

He can now successfully point to purple flowers and say purple. Without any prompting. It's great.

Although I'm not sure if he thinks the word means flower or a color...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Your mom is great. Of course Sam knows his purple color.