Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Good and Bad

On my way home from work last night I decided to take the long way.  Actually, since I left work at 4:30, the "long" way is really a short way because I avoid all the traffic of people emptying Boulder.  The long way takes me through the country on a little curvey two lane road instead of the turnpike.  As I was driving out of town I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the place I live.  Every day I am so lucky to be living in a place that is awe inspiring.  I decided to pull over and hike in the foothills for a while. I took my new digital camera (thanks mom) and my real camera.  I took the same picture with both cameras so that I can see the difference.  I think that I'll be using my digital more to take funny pictures of people, and my real camera to take pretty pictures of nature and outdoors stuff.  I didn't like using the view screen to try to get pictures of the mountains.

I came home and I was totally alone.  It made me so happy to just make myself some scrambled eggs, put in on of my favorite CDs and just enjoy not talking to anyone.

 
Then, I went to see Napoleon Dynamite.  OH MY GOODNESS it was funny.  I just cracked up laughing the whole time.  Maybe it was because I went in expecting it to be lame, and I was pleasantly surprised, but I thought it was great.  And, I went with new people which is always cool. 

After the movie I went to the mail man's house.  A couple of other people were over, and the bunch of us played games.  I won one round, so I was happy.  After everyone left I made my way out to my car.  He walked me out.  We stood around and talked by my car for 2 hours.  He is the greatest.  I hate BYU for taking him away.  This is lame.

If you can't tell from this post, I am exhausted.  I need more than 4 hours of sleep to function well. 

2 comments:

the narrator said...

i LOVED napolean dynamite. he's my new hero

Katie said...

will you bring me my chapstick? My lips really hurt.