Friday, July 23, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me

Just to let you all know, I have the best friends on the planet.  You might think that your friends are cool and thoughtful and the best ever, but you are wrong. Mine are the best. 

Special things my friends have done for me already this morning:

1) Derek called me from Pennsylvania to wish me a happy birthday. (this meant SO much to me, I don't know why)
2) Colin and Sarah showed up at my house and made me birthday pancakes just like my parents did.
3) I got into work and Colin decorated my cube to the nines.  There are streamers hanging from the ceiling, balloons covering the floor and rainbow confetti EVERYwhere.  The custodian is going to HATE me.
4) Sarah, Colin and Amy Sue bought me a pair of pink and purple puma rollerskates for me to wear to the party tonight. 

When I walked down stairs this morning and saw the birthday pancakes I just lost it.  I haven't felt to appreciated in a really long time and I just started tearing up. It seems like you go on with your day to day life and think that people are too wrapped up in their own lives to really notice, because that's how you are.  Then, something like this happens and it just makes you realize things, you know?  Anyway, have a great day. I wish you all could come to my rollerskating party tonight to see my new skates in action!

2 comments:

katezmom said...

Happy day after sweetie.

the narrator said...

happy b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!