Thursday, July 29, 2004

Renovation

I never write anything really interesting in this blog.  Lately it has just been a report of what happens to me every day.  To tell you the truth, I really don't think it is all that interesting to record the minutiae of what happens to me every day.  From now on I will try to limit myself to significant events that happen, or interesting thought that cross my mind.  If you want to know what's really going on with me, you can email me or even call. 

My friend at work made me a copy of his mixed CD.  He is really proud of his CD creating ability.  Granted, it is cool when you put together a mix that has just the right feel, and every track builds on the one before it to make it a cohesive piece, but its not like you wrote the music.  I don't understand how one can take so much pride in putting together a CD, but he does. 

I went to lunch with friends today.  I had a crush on this guy at work a year ago, and I haven't seen him in months. He was at the lunch and when I looked at him and talked to him for a while I was mystified by the realization that I was ever even slightly attracted to him.  What did I see in him? Maybe he's changed, maybe I have, but now I have no attraction to him at all.  It is weird when you look back at the people  you were interested in and you are completely confused by your old self's taste in the opposite sex.  Ya know?

 


4 comments:

Anth said...

No, don't start posting less. The genius of a good blogger lies in his or her ability to make the mundane interesting and amusing. Which is a florid way of saying your blog is interesting and funny, so you better not follow through on your threat.
Your question on your previous crush reminded me of this guy Dan I used to crush on majorly when I was a freshman in NY (and 16). I saw him later when I was about 19 and he was engaged, and I was like, Was I on dope? He's not even cute. And rather arrogant for no good reason. Embarrassing now, to remember that I thought he was so neat-o. Anyway, was it workboy's personality or his appearance that originally got you? Because that would clarify why you feel nothing for him now.

Katie said...

Actually, I think it was his personality, which is weird. He is decent looking, but I always thought he was kind of sarcatic and funny. What I don't like now is that I really pick up on the fact that he isn't really good at social interatction. I think he uses his sarcasm instead of really trying to get to know people. I used to do that and really don't like that part of me now. Maybe I'm turned off because I see in him what I don't like to see in myself?

Anth said...

That fits a hypothesis I developed recently about faults: People are really annoyed by traits in other people that they themselves actually have. Usually, they are oblivious to the fact that they have a certain fault, like vanity or aggression or belligerence, but they get all bugged when someone exhibits that trait. I have a friend who is always talking about how she hates how her in-laws make so much drama all the time, and she has no idea that she makes tons of drama in the relationship herself. I am trying to think of another example off the top of my head, but it's 5:30 (time to go home!) and I'm tired. What do you think?

the narrator said...

when i get sick of writing the mundane on my blog, i like to switch personalities