Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Movin' On Up

Last night I hung out with work friends, and it was REALLY fun.  We all had BBQ and played games.  It was really cool. I made my world famous spinach and pear salad, which was appropriately appreciated by everyone who tasted it. 

After the games Sarah came over and we hung out for a little while.  That girl is so cool. 

I didn't even talk to the mail man yesterday, and I am fine with that.  I REALLY like how things are going with him.  Slow and steady, no big bumps.  It is wonderful. 

I talked with Eric on the phone yesterday and we both decided that all the drama is over.  We are back to just being normal.  What a relief!

I just went to talk to my lead at the new position I am starting and he seems really nice.  I think I'll be able to do a really good job for him.  I don't know much about the new area I'll be working in, but he wants me to make decision and figure stuff out on my own, which is great!  I think I'll actually learn how to be a better engineer, and maybe it will help me realize what I want to study in grad school. 

Today is the day of optimism and good feelings, so go out there and spread it around. 

2 comments:

the narrator said...

hey... how do you manage to write so much? i'm barely able to get a paragraph out these days

Katie said...

The trick is to become part of "corprate America" where you are expected to be at work for 8 hours a day, but no one really expects you to do more than 4 hours of actual hard work. The rest of the time is devoted to "networking" and "building office repore." Since I don't really care about either of those, I spend that time working on my blog, reading my friend's blogs (which by the way yours has been seriously lacking), and writing email. Aren't you excited to graduate and be like me?