Friday, July 11, 2008

That's romance

Last night at around 3:30 am the ear doctor and I simultaneously rolled over, grumbled in exasperation and declared we couldn't sleep. This is the first time in the year we've been married that this has happened to us at the same time. I thought it was kind of funny.


Then I realized I wasn't sleeping well because my left hip was ACHING. Pain to the throbbing point of no allowable sleep. In frustration I told the ear doctor about my pain. Despite the dark, middle of the night staus, he immediately got up, went to the bathroom to get me some Tylenol, went to the kitchen to get me some water in my favorite monkey-shaped-cup-complete-with-sippy-straw and returned to bed to deliver my medical aid.


This, my friends, is a SERIOUS perk of being married. Especially to a guy like the ear doctor. Why on earth was I ever afraid of marriage and the threat of loosing my independence?



I love this guy so much it hurts.

4 comments:

TRS said...

You guys are so lucky and blessed.

He's very sweet to you. Care to clone him?

Janssen said...

What a great post. And I want to see the monkey shaped cup.

Anth said...

I'd like to see the monkey shaped cup too.

And yay for the wonderful perks of being married. I am glad you took the plunge. *smiles*

Anonymous said...

Yay! Cute story. And without a doubt a great perk of having a significant other. :)