Thursday, July 03, 2008

Unreasonable Fear of the Day

Lately, I've been really worried about something. Like most people, I occasionally think about my own personal appearance. I've heard that somewhere, someone did a study about beauty and found that the more symmetric a face, the more it is perceived as "beautiful."


Ok, so I'm shooting for symmetry now. Great. I never thought of my face as super UNsymmetrical, so I figured, I'm doing alright.

In December I got a new phone, which I love. It's shiny and cute and has a camera. Plus, when I hit some buttons it shakes like my Wii remote, so that's pretty cool. A significant upgrade from the old Zach Morris phone I've been lugging around.






As you can see, there are two little red dash marks on the phone very close to the display screen. these marks are approximately centered on the phone. When I talk on the phone, these little dash marks are very close to my cheekbones. See:






Here is my concern. When the phone is on my right ear, nothing happens. However, when I'm listening with my left ear my cheek bone hits the corresponding red dash mark making my phone buzz, shake and do all kinds of weird stuff.


Since the phone is clearly symmetric, it must be my FACE that is all out of whack. How am I supposed to get along with a clearly NON-SYMMETRIC-AND-THEREFORE-NOT-BEAUTIFUL-FACE!?!?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh! You know what it probably ACTUALLY is though? I would bet that you hold the phone differently depending on which side it's on. So it's likely your HAND that's causing the problem. ;)

Funny story though. :)