Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bone cracking

I don't deal well with intensity.

Last night the ear doctor and I went to watch MI:3. I have to admit I thought it was pretty good. The plot was alright, the characters weren't as unbelievably shallow as they could have been and the people were all nice on the eyes. Plus, that Asian chick totally rocked that red dress at the Vatican.

Anyway, the whole time I was holding the ear doctor's hand. I don't know what it is about me, but high intensity movies induce rigormortis-like cramping in my extremities. Heart-pounding loud music and explosions make my hands curl into little veloca-raptor vice grips. Once during the movie I think I was latching onto his hand so tightly that I actually think I cracked a couple of his knuckles. Weird, huh.

1 comment:

Anth said...

Ha ha I do almost the same thing! During intense scenes I suddenly lean over to Dh and grab his arm or hand. And my clutching gets tighter when there are explosions, someone gets shot, or what have you. Then, once the intense scene is over, I let him go and shift back over into my seat.

I enjoyed the movie as well. Except: the roof scene, where the girl's all "What are you not telling me?" Blah blah blah. So boring. I do not CARE about character development in those kinds of movies. Just keep the explosions and ridiculous plot twists comin'!

But I thought the Asian chick looked like a ho bag in that red dress. Ha ha