Monday, November 15, 2010

Rise!

I woke up early Saturday morning and decided it was the perfect day for two tight french braids. I knew I'd probably be wearing a beanie all day so braids were the only logical solution.

As I twisted one section of hair over the other I thought of the countless other times I'd had my hair braided.


...watching my mom's fast hands pulling my hair so tight my eyes were a bit squinty all day...

...listening to my freshman roommate's hilarious jokes while she put ribbons in my hair for a football game...

...bossing my little sister around as she attempted to get the braids in to my exacting specifications...

...wishing I had a friend who could come help me as my arms ached and I learned to do it myself...



The nostalgia in my little bathroom was so thick I'm surprised I didn't pass out from lack of oxygen.






Both the ear doctor and I are huge BYU football fans. When we were at school we both had season tickets every year. There are very few things that make me as college-freshman excited as going to a football game. So when the Cougs were scheduled to play the Rams up in Ft. Collins I knew we had to do.

The weather was...COLD! and SNOWY! But the true spirit of Cougar-fandom kept us warm. We were even warm enough to pop our beanies and wear them hobo-style!






LOVE that I caught the little girl behind us in mid-snowflake-chomp!

3 comments:

denise said...

Rise and Shout! So fun to see you having a real cougarlicious day.
It pays to be the forth generation Zoobie.

k said...

i'm laughing at the girl next to you in the second picture who is sticking her tongue out.

(if that is the girl living with you, i am laughing with her, not at her!)

dad said...

Too bad the Cougs had such a rough day in Logan this season. that makes us 1win 17 losses but we are improving.