Monday, December 06, 2010

Day 6

I once had a roommate who made a little note and taped it above her light switch. The note said the following:


"Expect less"


The first time I saw it I thought it was kind of funny. But the more I saw it the more it bothered me. I never told her to take it down or made any kind of comment to her about it, but I was very tempted to.


It just seemed like such a pessimistic way to live life. Like she was constantly lowering her hopes so that she wouldn't be disappointed and simultaneously began viewing everyone and everything around her in such a negative light. All I wanted to do was rip that little note down and replace it with something happy and positive.


...although, come to think of it when she had that note on her light switch I had "STOP SHOPPING" scrawled across my full length mirror in dry erase marker, so maybe I'm not one to talk?...



“Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings;having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other” --Marvin J. Ashton


Lovely reminders:




1.Just let it go print $12 2.Pardigm shift print $20 3.Filled with Joy print $15 4.Force for good wooden sign $20 5.Be happy dish towel $16

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that dish towel is super cute! I might get it for my friends...

Maggie said...

I love that dish towel.

k said...

Update - I bought the dishtowel (plus another from the same seller)! I had forgotten that my brother's girlfriend was coming for Christmas this year. She is Jewish so this will be her first christmas and she is so excited for it!