Friday, January 13, 2012

day dreamin

The ear doctor have starting kicking around an idea for starting a restaurant.

We probably won't because having a restaurant seems like the hardest possible job in the world and I'm not sure either of us is really cut out for that kind of thing, but it's kind of fun to day dream about.

As of now, our restaurant would be called PorkPie. And we'd serve pork (bbq) and pie. It'd be old, vintagey and laid back. Nice, but not formal. A place where a bunch of guys wouldn't feel uncomfortable in, yet it was cool enough that a group of women would also consider it for lunch.

I don't know if it's blogs or what, but branding has become a particular interest of mine. As a result, designing the (fake) logo for our (imaginary) business has been really fun. Here is what I came up with first:


I sent it to the ear doctor and he sent me back this:
Which is when I sent him this:

He sent me this:

And I sent this:



I feel like that last one may be moving us farther away from the vibe we're going for, but it's pretty funny...

2 comments:

dad said...

It's too bad we don,t have the reciepy for Grandma Timothy's meat pies. They would be a perfect fit for your concept and a real crowd pleaser.

Janssen said...

I love this so much.