Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In case you were wondering

The estrogen fest continues.




Last night I went alone to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. I know, SOOOOO corny, right?

Except, did you see Alexis Bledel's hair? And clothes? Oh, yes please. I found myself casually coveting everything that she wore in the whole movie. That is my new way to describe my ideal style.





My enduring love for Rory lives on.







One time someone said that I look like her and, while I don't really agree, I took it as a very nice compliment and have remembered it since.










On the way home from the theater I got a little choked up because I thought about all the great female friends who live so far away from me and who I've done a HORRIBLE job at keeping in touch with. I've had some truly great friends in my life and I need to step up the level of personal effort to keep those relationships strong. So thanks, makers-of-a-predictable-corny-cheesball-movie, for reminding me about what is important to me.


Who ever would have thought I'd get such a stunning realization from pre-teen chick-lit turned g-rated sex and the city alternative ?

7 comments:

Janssen said...

Wow, those three pictures of her ARE gorgeous. Must try and look like her. Hmm, first I'll need some dark hair and blue eyes.

And a new wardrobe.

Anth said...

Lol you crack me up.

Also I totally heart Rory's clothes! I mean Alexis Bledel's.

Anonymous said...

I love Rory! I miss The Gilmore Girls! Every time I hear the Special K commercials, I get a little sad because I miss Lorelei.

/ sappy nerd

Tyra said...

I am soooo corny and wish I could go see that movie, it is what I would do if my husband was here to take my kids :)

Anonymous said...

Heart to heart :: I totally feel you.
Thanks for being my friend, and loves.
{PS come visit the NYC!}

Anonymous said...

Remember the male model. Doesn't her remind you of me? I like the way he dressed and his warm little smile. I think I was the only guy in the theater.

Odessa said...

yes, yes, yes. rory's wardrobe in The Sisterhood is adorable! i want to dress like her "when i grow up". *silly grin*

btw, wandered over here via jordan's oh happy day. enjoyed reading your posts.