Friday, August 15, 2008

Quick update

Today it is gray, cold and rainy and I am LOVING it! As a child of the friendly Northwest, this weather makes me want to curl up in a corner with a new book and go to town.

However, I have to be responsible today and get SOOO much done. Gotta run, but before I do I want to mention 2 things.

First, ANY job is better when you get an unexpected 6% raise like I did yesterday. I'm seeing through rose colored glasses a the moment.

Second, my mom is coming to Colorado this weekend to visit and celebrate her birthday. I can't wait for her to get here so I can show her a great time. Or maybe I'll buy her a new book and a new pair of wool socks and we'll sit together reading, surrounded by the sound of rain pounding on the roof.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Woohoo on the raise!

Also, rainy days definitely make me want to read and drink hot chocolate.

Katharina said...

Props on your raise! Man, I think I'm in the wrong industry...

And I'm feeling the love on this rainy day myself. Excellent prelude to an evening of hot chocolate & Olympian-watching!