Monday, March 17, 2008

Running

Sometimes the ear doctor and I will be sitting around out house late at night and decide that we absolutely NEED something from the grocery store. This happens to us about once every other week and is always followed by a serious internal debate wherein I try to tell myself it is alright to leave the house in the bright green sweatpants with an iron burn on the hem. Inevitably I flash back on the memory of my mom's face of disgust when my dad RETURNED from a store wearing his slippers, pajama pants and his camo duck hunting coat (yikes!). I just can't do it.


Friday night that irrepressible need was popsicles. Not the kind of cheep-o popsicles whose taste is better described by a color than a fruit flavor; the kind with fruit chunks suspended in the body of the treat. We knew exactly what we wanted, where it was in the store and what it would cost.


Then I had a genius idea. Wouldn't it be great if you could call up the grocery store in the middle of the night and have someone deliver something to your house? Million dollar idea, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there are already all sorts of grocery stores that deliver, and grocery delivery services. I think the key to making your idea truly a million dollar one is to cash in on the night time deliveries. Say, only deliver between 11pm and 8am or something. That, my friend, is genius. ;)