Thursday, July 03, 2008

A test of faith

I really like the company I work for. Aside from the cool technology we get to develop, the real stand out feature of this place is the caliber of awesome people who work here. Or at least, that has been my impression for the past 5 years.


Today that idea is put to the test.



Earlier, the most frustrating thing in the WORLD happened. I needed a little pick-me-up snack, so I went down to the vending machine. Usually I go for pretzels, but some dummy decided to change from Rold Gold to some crappy thick, puffy kind of pretzels. I stood staring at the machine deciding what to get until the little devil on my shoulder won. Nutter Butters, it would be.


I inserted correct change, pushed my buttons and slowly watched the turning metal spiral deliver the goods into my sweaty palm. These few seconds of a turning motor are perhaps some of the most tenuous I spend on a regular basis. Will I get my treat? Won't I? Will it fall and get crushed by the impact? It's quite thrilling.


Today, however, I was the unlucky sap.



The cruel metal spiral of temptation withheld my so justly deserved goodies. No matter the shaking, hip checking or frustrated stares I gave it, it wouldn't budge. In resignation, I decided to test the caliber of my co-workers.



Hopefully they won't let me down.

4 comments:

k said...

I have faith that you will get your nutter butters today!

Janssen said...

Brilliant! I love it :)

Kellyry said...

So....did they ever make their way to you? Inquiring minds want to know!

Katie said...

Yup! Someone called me and delivered them right to my cube. What a great place, eh?