Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm sure some people are really good at visualizing design. They can just think of all the different elements of what they want to create and then go after it.

I'm just not that way.

I have to start with an idea and build a bunch of prototypes until it evloves into something that I really like. This takes a lot of time and is probably the reason I only really do it for big projects. Like, for instance, my wedding. I decided that I would create the place settings and centerpieces myself.

I knew the look I was going for (simple, rustic...to match our venue), but had to actaully set up a practice table to get a really good feel for the scale and look of everything. The end result ended up looking a lot like the practice version:

This weekend the ear doctor and put together a beta version for the upcoming church Christmas party. What do you think:




Any suggestions/improvements?

8 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

You SERIOUSLY made.my.day by sharing wedding pics. Despite my wedding being over for over for eight months, I am still wedding obsessed. Please show more! Hydrangeas are my fave flower, BTW. I love everything! The Christmas party will be awesome!

Abby said...

LOVE it!!! I think that looks beautiful! What's the red in the middle? Cloth?

Katie said...

Yeah, it'll be a red runner that we already have. We also already have white table cloths, so I'm trying to use them both the keep the cost down.

Nicola said...

So festive! Your candy cones look great too!!

Maggie said...

How many tables are you doing? Cutting multiple snowflakes by hand could get really old (even though I know you love to do it). It looks great.

Katie said...

There are going to be 13 tables...so, yeah, that'll be a lot of snowflakes.

Luckily I'm using the activity day girls to help me make all of this stuff...

TRS said...

Very very cute and sweet!

Anonymous said...

BE U T FULL

I CAN VISUALIZE DESIGN