Monday, January 12, 2009

Any Joseph's out there?

The other night I dreamt that the Obamas put on a Christmas TV special.

Michelle and the girls dressed up in beautiful gowns and did a musical singing and dancing number, after which the president elect delivered a special message about the true meaning of Christmas. As he sat in a big red velvet chair, adorned in a cardigan and warmed by the crackle of a real fire in the fireplace he extolled in Bing Crosby-esque style what it means to be free, kind and giving during the Christmas season.


Then I woke up and realized that I was born in the wrong era...


Anyone care to interpret?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a dream about returning to a form of tradition and calm. Obama represents the country. The setting represents things that are calming or safe. Overall it's a dream about security.

Knot

TRS said...

I'm guessing it has to do with so many folks seem to think he's the Messiah - just be glad he wasn't wrapped in swaddling clothes!

Katharina said...

TRS, you be funny.

As for your dream, Katie, I think anyone can tell by reading your blog that you are a total Holiday-o-phile. Maybe you have it on your mind year round? Couple that with all the Obama coverage the media has been churning out, and I sense the beginnings of a nighttime subliminal cocktail. I like the musical revue spin.

Anonymous said...

I think you have become one of the dreaming family.
Grandma Jane