Thursday, January 15, 2009

Anyone care to guess how these two images relate to each other?







Give up?



ME!





Last night I found myself switching back and forth between VH1's countdown of the top 100 hip hop songs of all time and Disney's 1977 cartoon The Rescuers. It's true. I sat there on the floor of my apartment with my little doggie on my lap and alternated between the racial struggle captured by rap in the late 80's/early 90's and the nail-biting suspense of whether or not Bianca and Bernard would be able to help save Penny.


And I fully appreciated the likelihood of someone else in America doing the very same thing was incredibly remote.


And it made me feel unique and special....and only a little weird.

1 comment:

heidi said...

i wasn't flipping back and forth, but both shows were viewed by me last night. i never knew zsa zsa gabor was bianca's voice. and bob newhart too? and seriously, not everyone who wrote a hip hop song is a genius. some people were just lucky. i thought if i heard "genius" one more time i was going to lose it!