Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Grad School Stuff

I had a little down time at work today, so I thought I'd start the search of schools and programs to see what my options are. I went to Stanford first (of course) and there are two professors that have really interesting areas of research. Both are in design.

When I graduated from BYU I thought that the thermal and fluid sciences were the most interesting to me. After a few years of being away from school I realize I just liked them because everyone thought they were hard and I would feel like the smartest person if that were my real interest. Now, I just really don't think that is the stuff I like. I really like the idea of learning better ways to design things and make them more useful for consumers. This falls perfectly into the description of one of the profs at Stanford (my dream school).

I think tomorrow I'll email him and see what specifically he does for his research. Any suggestions on how to go about proving to him that I am the BEST qualified grad student and he would be a fool not to fully fund my education?!?!

No comments: