Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Thanks for the suggestion Brit!

So I'm trading Princeton for Northwestern. I went on their website yesterday and got so excited that I actually started my online application. The controls systems research they are doing there looks really interesting to me. That area has really piqued my interest since I started working with the controls systems guy on our gimbal design team at work. I think I could really get into that. Anyway, another cool thing is that it is only 2 hours away from Yale, which is where Sarah really wants to go. I would love to be able to go up and see her for a long vacation every now and again.

So I've decided that I need to get up off my butt and do something new. I need to take some cool classes or something becuase I feel really stagnant. I think I'm going to drive around town tonight and look for a cooking class. I really enjoy cooking, but never really want to do it just for myself. Cooking for one is hard becuase after you spend all that time getting something really good, you just sit down at the table alone and don't have anyone to talk to.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Sorry about not leaving a number. I forgot that when I use my calling card it doesn't show my number to people. Just so you know it's 801-812-5885. Anyway, I don't think you should be thinking about places so far away. I know that they sound fun and interesting and cool and all, but I just wanted you to know that someone in Utah loves you. I want you to be as close as possible. I will support you in whatever decision you make, but just so you know, Colorado seems really far away as it is. Good luck on the application/decision making process.

Katie said...

Sarah-That sounds like a GREAT idea! Maybe we could go over there on Thursday between laundry loads. Also, I'd love to cook for you, but you'd have to let me do it alone. I can't handle someone telling me I'm doing something wrong. I'm sure you can relate.

Mags-good news, the entire internet has your phone number. I thought you'd call me and tell me what it is. And as far as staying close to you goes, you'll be in Oregon and then Seattle. I'd love to stay in the northwest for school, but there just aren't any good engineering grad programs up there. Stanford, UCLA, and UCSD are all west coast, and really great schools, so don't worry about me counting them out and taking off.

Maggie said...

Thanks Kate! It's nice to know that you're considering staying close to home. I figure nobody that I don't already know would really take the time to call me. I can't wait to tell you about my two favorite classes ever! I had them both today. (PS It was requested that I keep posting on my blog so I did that today too)

Umgawa said...

Whee! Evanston! Oh, wait... you're trading Northwestern out. No matter; they really haven't had a great football team since they went to the Rose Bowl. Pity that Northern Illinois University's team probably could have beaten them last year, because that's just sad...