Friday, June 11, 2004

Blah Blah Blah

I freeloaded at a company picnic last night. We played volleyball, and I once again had the chance to show my overwhelming lack of athletic ability. I wanted to play frisbee, since I am at least decent at that, but it was too windy.

It is so funny, the picnic was for all the interns that Ball hired for the summer. There are about 60 college aged kids from schools all over the country. Probably about 1/3 of those are girls. There is this one kid who is pretty much drop dead gorgeous, and all of the girls sat around last night giggling over him. I was floored. These were all smart, attractive, cool girls acting like high school cheerleaders. Hilarious. It was funny to see girls in action becuase you can totally pick out the ones who are trying desperately for his attention. For example, this one girl kicked sand up at him when they were both up at the net, and then she decided to cheer every time his team gave up a point. Throw a cute guy in the mix, and girls loose their minds.

After about an hour I started to have a massive allergy attack, so I went home. I am such at party animal.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I have also found it very funny to see girls that act totally differently when boys are around. You get a chance to see what they think their most marketable qualities are. Why don't they (I occasionally include myself here) ever try their brains? It's always giggling and batting their eyelashes. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but why would THAT be the most attention getting characteristic? Or is it? What about a girl that is witty/smart? I don't know.

Anonymous said...

In response to Maggie:
Brattiness is one of the easiest ways to show a guy that you have some intelligence. And amazingly, some guys really like it when you insult them occasionally (or often). It lets them know you think they are cool. I'm not making this up! My husband told me. Ha ha Michele